New York headquarterd Cyber Security firm, Security Scorecard, are opening their first office outside of the US in Prague in September!
The new office will grow to become Security Scorecard’s international technology centre.
The company has >150 employees and has raised >USD 60mm to fuel their expansion (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/security-scorecard).
This person will work alongside Security Scorecard's CTO & SVP Engineering Jasson Casey (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jassoncasey/).
SecurityScorecard helps enterprises gain operational command of their security posture and the security posture of their ecosystems through continuous, non-intrusive monitoring. The company’s approach to security focuses on identifying vulnerabilities from an outside-in perspective, the same way a hacker would. SecurityScorecard’s proprietary SaaS platform offers an unmatched breadth and depth of critical data points including a broad range of risk categories such as Web, Application Security, Patching Cadence, Network Security, Hacker Chatter, Social Engineering, and Leaked Credentials, DNS Health, Endpoint Security, IP Reputation and Cubit Score.
Our Instagram (@securityscorecard): https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/862314059/securityscorecard/?hl=en
Our LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/security-scorecard/
Our site: https://securityscorecard.com/
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of software engineers, instilling engineering best practices and cultivating a culture to attract and retain talent
- Serving in a hands-on development capacity as needed, including reviewing code, participating in the full life cycle development of product features and coding Proofs of Concept
- Develop an effective team by leading hiring and recruiting initiatives in Prague in partnership with global engineering leaders and the People team
- Evolve the technical onboarding process for new team members in Prague in alliance with global engineering team
- Responsible for the technical roadmap and direction, leading projects in partnership with global engineering leaders and cross-functional team members
- Evaluate and introduce new technologies, processes and policies when necessary
- Partner with product team and other stakeholders on broader engineering and company initiatives
5+ years experience leading an engineering team with a focus on both delivery of high quality products and motivating a team to do their best work aligned with company vision
5+ years in a software engineering role building high quality products to scale
Fluency with C++ (modern versions a plus) and/or C
Experience designing and building high performance, low latency distributed systems
Effective project manager, well versed in agile methodology, cross functional communication (including with remote teams), cost and time management
Motivated to tackle large-scale problems in a fast paced, startup environment
Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey intricate systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
Tool We Use
○ Definitions - Protobuf V3
○ Normalize from - AVRO / JSON / XML / CSV
○ Normalize to - Protobuf / ORC
○ Interfaces - REST API(s), gRPC and object store buckets
- Cloud Services - Amazon Web Services
- Databases: Postgres, Presto
- Cache: Redis, Varnish
- Job Orchestration - HT Condor / Apache Airflow
- Analytics - Spark / Bluepipe (C++)
- Storage - Gluster / NFS / S3 ( AWS ) / EFS ( AWS ) / Postgres
- Computation - Docker Containers / VMs / Metal / EMR
What does success look like in this role?
Success in this role will mean leading a team to deliver of quality products/features/applications as well as establishing and growing a positive and productive engineering culture in Prague.
SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate and understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors and use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, and vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
SecurityScorecard’s global engineering team is expanding to include a new development office in Prague. We are targeting an intellectually curious and principled engineering lead to develop our team in Prague, and make hands on contributions to software products, features and applications.
Our engineering team collects and analyzes data on the evolving security posture/state of the Internet. The problems we tackle are global in scale and must be handled swiftly and efficiently. Key challenges in our environment are keeping solutions simple and composable so we can reason about them at scale. This is the hallmark of functional programming, high performance computing and large scale distributed systems design.
Instagram (@securityscorecard): https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/862314059/securityscorecard/?hl=en
Our Linkedin Page: