Liftago is ranking among the top early-stage startups in the Czech Republic that was founded with the main goal - to build a global platform for optimization of urban mobility and make urban transportation hassle-free for everyone.
Our vision? During the short history of Liftago, we have proven the right to thrive among multi-billion-dollar competitors. We have created the best rated service for iOS and Android phones globally but have succeeded only locally yet. For the next Liftago chapter, we will make our small engineering team bigger and stronger to transform our unique auction-based model into the platform for trading mobility. Pricing algorithms? Real-time logistics optimisation? Passenger and driver preference models or automatic transportation bidding? It will be a hell of an adventure!
SaaS-based Liftago platform is a core of our successful business. You will be part of the engineering team who took full ownership of this platform. Therefore, we significantly shorten feature development cycle to couple of days. From an idea to real deployed piece of code on our platform. Our JIRA backlog and MongoDB schema are hiding tons of ideas. We need to be efficient evaluators.
We cooperate as a team in every aspect. The team owns a feature from very beginning till the production time:
- engineers cooperate with product owner, designer and BI specialists on the first ideas and designs
- mobile, web and server-side guys together develop and test the functionality
- the team also manages first deployment to a fraction of customers
- BI specialists immediately measure expected impact to the customers
- the whole team act as Ops to keep the platform up and running 24/7
Even the team of such size can perform couple deployments per a week without any downtime.
In the position of Android developer you will take responsibility for the development of passenger and driver application. We currently rewrite the application from Java to Kotlin. Almost half is done so it would be your job to continue.
To be the right fit into the position it requires the knowledge and good understanding of the architecture and professional skills with UX, the ability to bring the right solutions and a courage to verify ideas by prototypes and integrate them to the product.
The best thing for the end: we are all product guys. Everyone in engineering team participates on our vision how the platform should work. If he or she wants. Everyone in engineering wants!
Technologies you might get your hands dirty with:
- Kotlin and Java
- Dagger 2, MVP, JUnit + mockito
- REST, API design, Retrofit 2
- Frameworks: google maps, facebook api, fabric/crashlytics, mqtt, etc.
- UX design, cooperation with product owner and designer
- Git and github pull-request flow, code reviews
- Continuous integration and delivery with Circle CI
- Agile via scrum
Why choose Liftago?
- you will work on a real time application in the awesome start-up atmosphere
- your work will be recognised and you will have the strong influence on the company results
- we are a dedicated team of great minds
- and all the other stuff you might like - a fair remuneration, personal growth opportunity, free taxi rides
- great office in Prague 1
- we get to go out once in awhile (planned events, ad-hoc activities)
- we still wanna have fun while at work and one can always achieve more with a smile
As a Prague based Czech start-up, we've been building the ultimate marketplace for mobility since 2012, starting with taxis. With more 300,000 customers, we've built a basis for future growth and innovations in moblity.
Today, Liftago is the best-rated ride-hailing app for iOS and Android globally and also a web-based solution for corporate clients. We enable passengers to choose among offers of drivers nearby by ETA, price, rating and car. We also brought natural competition among professional drivers where none existed. This brought us the quality of service and ❤️ of drivers that stick with us for the long run.
Liftago chooses the ethical path towards the future. With good intentions for the sake of passengers, drivers, transportation partners as well as cities we live in (and traffic we suffer in), we're building a sustainable solution over speedy business.
Our vision is to make different modes of transportation work together and help replace the need for own cars in the cities. We will make urban transportation so accessible that people will naturally give up their own cars in favor of on-demand mobility.
Liftago was founded by Martin Hausenblas (the Liftago visionary), Juraj Atlas (Co-Founder) and Ondrej Kratky (Co-Founder, CEO). Our team of 30+ people has a strict no-jerks policy :-) If you have an interesting experience to contribute, feel free to drop us a line even if you cannot find a fitting job opening.