The Imaging Scientist will be involved in developing novel remote and direct sensing and analytics for industrial analytics. Existing Spaceknow remote sensing networks emply a range of satellite imaging technologies (visible, UV, Near-IR, IR, Radar) to collect novel data and signals from thousands of global locations for Power, Natural Gas, Oil, Petrochemical, Maritime and Agricultural markets in real-time.
The Imaging Scientist will learn and discover new methods of measurement, signals detection and associated analytics as well as work to optimize existing technology platforms.
- Hands-on data sensor and systems development, data acquisition and research analysis experience in one or more of the following fields: electromagnetic fields, radiofrequency, thermal, near infrared, acoustics, optics, image acquisition, airborne and other remote sensing technologies.
- Data analysis and signal processing skills with ability to independently prototype sensor systems, acquisition protocols, data handling and analysis applications (Python, Matlab, R).
- Software development experience for data manipulation, data mining or prototype development using Python , C#, Matlab, or R.
- Understanding of mathematical modeling, statistical skills, forecasting, data mining, financial modeling, operations research or recommendation algorithms.
- Skilled in creative, strategic thinking and the ability to propose and deliver simple solutions to complex puzzles.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, the intern position is expected to directly work with product strategists, product management and sales.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Excellent team player, with a proven track record of working well with other researchers to achieve a common goal.
- Disciplined in documentation and excellent at clear presentation of work to technical and non-technical audiences.
Masters or PhD in engineering, physics, math, remote sensing, imaging, image and signals processing or other closely related measurement and analytical sciences.
Spaceknow developed a proprietary interface to access multiple imagery provider’s image archives and data feeds. Currently we have unified access to three operators with new ones being added monthly. Spaceknow is working towards a future where all the world’s imaging platforms are available through our interface.
Spaceknow Intelligence product presents an integrated geospatial processing dataflow.