We're Beat Games, an indie game studio based in Prague and makers of the VR rhythm game Beat Saber.
We're looking for a keen team member who is ready to help us to further develop our game! Since the Beat Saber team is quite small, our skills and responsibilities overlap from time to time, that's why we need someone motivated and with broad views.
What will be your mission?
- Designing and implementing new features
- Working on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, including our asset pipeline and standalone user-interfaces
- Implementing Proof-of-Concept Projects with the new technology
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in the game; such as memory usage and performance problems
What are your strengths?
- 3+ years of experience with Unity3D
- Excellent C# skills
- Object oriented design patterns (e.g. S.O.L.I.D)
- Self-driven personality
- Able to work with little to minimal oversight
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Experience with developing in a relatively large codebase
- Familiarity with Version Control Software
- VR/AR experience
- Unity shaders (HLSL/Cg)
- Participating in Game Jams
- Professional experience as a Software Engineer in a fast-paced game dev environment or significant and relevant university coursework
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Blender, 3ds Max, Maya, …
- You're an active Beat Saber player
What do we offer?
- Participate in one of the most exciting indie projects
- Opportunity to be heard & change things with your ideas
- Work with experienced and inspiring people in our beautiful Prague office
- Gain experience & learn about VR and gaming industry
- Be close to the latest VR technology & headsets
- Visit game events, conferences and meet people from the industry
Come work with us and become part of one of the hottest VR projects of all times!
Please note: We're currently looking for someone who will join us in our office in Prague, Czechia. The full remote is not possible.