We are looking for a Customer Solution Engineer based out of our Prague office.
Rossum is a fast growing Artificial Intelligence company that builds technology for understanding documents. Every single day, more than 100 human lifetimes are spent worldwide retyping information contained in invoices and we think that’s completely crazy. So we are now working to liberate millions of people from similar boring and repetitive work.
Rossum's product is number #1 in its category. However, to actually get deployed in practice and improve people's lives, it must be appropriately customized and integrated for every customer. Some customers manage it on their own, but others have questions or need hands-on help. And all of them appreciate great guidance materials, be it documentation or code examples. Helping customers to deploy Rossum in practice is the Solution Engineer's role.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Communicate with Rossum's customers regarding technical matters by email and phone, analyze their needs together with our sales team and suggest technical solutions. The job is 50% communication.
- Engineer solutions for Rossum's customers based on Rossum's extensible platform, either via custom configuration or original Python microservice development. The job is 50% implementation work.
- Develop public technical materials in the form of e.g. code examples, written documentation, guidance videos etc.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT
- Technical mindset and analytical skills.
- Great communication and writing skills. Excellent English both spoken and written. Other foreign languages are a plus.
- Basic experience with Python, (Postgre)SQL and Git, at least in the scale of completed small projects / major coursework. Docker and Linux experience is a plus.
- Deep prior engineering experience is not necessary. This position can be a great entrypoint into software engineering for new programmers.
- We most value honesty, passion, fast learning and "strong opinions weakly held". We expect everyone to focus on searching for the truth when it matters, and a desire to support their conclusions by data and measurements.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Energy-charged atmosphere of a tech-first AI startup that has great traction towards global success and already serves customers across four continents including Fortune 500 companies. But most of the work is still ahead of us and you will be making a huge difference in our team of 30.
- A unique 50-50 communication/technical mix that involves direct interaction with users and seeing immediate effects of your work.
- Rich career growth opportunities across multiple Rossum teams.
- Enjoyable working environment: A diverse team combining geeks, globetrotters, sportsmen, diet freaks and expats in the heart of Karlin. We offer flexible working hours and highly value independence. Perks like snacks or best coffee (and tea) in town are a given.