If you see a random image of a building to be built, there is a good chance the image was generated with Corona Renderer (https://corona-renderer.com/). What started as one man's bachelor thesis gradually lead to founding of a small Czech company that has been developing the original project ever since. We are Chaos Czech, we have around 20 developers and run the business the same way as when we started, without the traditional corporate bullshit policy. We still have big plans, so we are looking for new developers to help us make them happen.
- Designing and developing new features, improving and maintaining existing ones.
- Expanding scope of Corona Renderer by porting it to new applications and market segments.
- Improving and extending our foundation libraries and algorithms.
- Reviewing code and preserving its quality and performance.
- Fluency in modern C++, ability to produce safe, efficient, and readable code.
- Ability to work in a team, receiving and giving constructive criticism, ability to adopt existing coding conventions and workflows.
- Ability to follow KISS and YAGNI principles, choosing appropriately complex solutions.
- Good communication skills and English language.
We work with:
- Cutting edge C++ standard (C++17, looking forward to C++20) in MSVC 2017.9, Clang 9.
- Visual Studio, XCode, QtCreator IDE.
- Google Test for unit testing, in-house tools for automated rendering tests.
- High performance libraries such as Intel Embree and Open Image Denoise. We cooperate with Intel on development of these libraries.
- Automation/workflow tools such as git, CMake, Python, premake.
- In-house tools we developed to fix weak points of the C++ ecosystem.
- Qt and other multi-platform frameworks.
- Working on software that users love and that has global scale impact (AAA movies, TV ads, architecture, ...).
- Working with a single highly maintained codebase instead of a string of throwaway projects.
- Challenging tasks from research to application programming, including speed and memory optimizations.
- No third party dictated requirements, architecture, and deadlines.
- Team small enough to give individual members space for creativity.
- Established company with discrete support/testing/sales teams and clearly defined roles.
- Quick product feedback from our enthusiastic user community.
- Learning from experienced developers and researchers (ex-WETA, Pixar, Disney, Sony, ...).
- Growth within the company, internal seminars and conferences.
- Close association with Chaos Group / V-Ray.
- Compensation above the stated limits in case of exceptional skills.
- Sick days, extra vacation days, home office, company lunches, standing desk, relax room and small fitness room, teambuildings (laser game, karts, ...).
- Offices in Prague city centre (Karlovo náměstí).