We operate our own cloud infrastructure distributed across multi-tenant datacenters throughout Switzerland, with over 1 Petabyte of storage.
You will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining our Software Defined Storage (Ceph) containing user data for high availability and manageable growth. You will benchmark new hardware, tune OS parameters and create operation procedures for redundancy and backup. You will be working with a team of Software Engineers who will develop new backends that will store data in our Storage cluster, and you might be writing tools and plugins to enable this integration. You will be working in an international environment in our Zurich office, where English is the primary language.
- Experience with deploying and operating a massive storage solution
- i.e. Ceph, HDFS, GlusterFS, QFS, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB...
- Solid understanding of Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred)
- Fluent in Python/Go and Shell Scripting
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Ansible
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Ceph
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience identifying and solving usability & UX issues
- Experience designing, developing and managing A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience with digital analytics platforms and data analysis
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Startup culture where everyone matters and can make a big impact
- Work in a high growth environment solving interesting problems, there is never a boring moment
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects freedom-fighters, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- High potential upside. In addition to highly competitive salaries, key employees can receive valuable employee stock options.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default, and not merely an afterthought. Be part of this revolution that is changing the world.