For those up to challenge, ProtonMail provides an intense and exciting atmosphere as part of one of Europe's highest profile and fastest growing startups. We are looking for bright and highly motivated problem solvers to join our team of experts.
ProtonMail has around 80 employees located in Geneva, San Francisco, Vilnius, Skopje, Prague, Zurich and also around the world.
What you will be doing:
You will work on the ProtonMail API, which employs ProtonMail clients (Web, iOS, Android) for over 10 million users. You will lead the improvements of our API, in particular with respect to: quality, architecture, tooling, documentation, performance, etc.
- PHP framework (Symphony, Laravel, Cakephp, Zend, etc.)
- Unit testing
- Collaborative coding workflow (git)
- Tooling (composer, PSR, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Docker (and possibly Kubernetes)
- Fluent with GoF design patterns
- Strong background in computer science (algorithms, data structures, software design, reliability, maintainability, etc.)
- Familiar with GNU / Linux environments
- Well versed in security and with good understanding of security best practices from an application development standpoint (OWASP)
- ProtonMail can help you improve
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Startup culture where everyone matters and can make a big impact
- Work in a high growth environment solving interesting problems, there is never a boring moment
- Fast growth also means there are many opportunities for rapid progress
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects freedom-fighters, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default and not just an afterthought. Be part of this revolution that is changing the world.