Experience: Prior software development experience is necessary
For those up to the challenge, ProtonMail provides an intense and exciting atmosphere as part of one of Europe's highest profile and fastest growing startups. We're looking for extremely intelligent and highly motivated problem solvers to join our team of experts.
ProtonMail has around 80 employees located in Geneva, San Francisco, Vilnius, Skopje, Prague, Zurich and also remote around the world.
What you will be doing:
In ProtonMail our number one priority is end-to-end encrypted email communication. The main desktop application, ProtonMail Bridge, is running in on your computer providing local SMTP and IMAP servers for your email client to seamlessly send and received your encrypted emails.
This is interesting project for desktop developer because, you can put your focus on many different parts of application e.g. UX, GUI, client-API communication, MIME parsing, performance optimization of local servers.
- Experience with desktop application development.
- Cross-platform development: Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- familiar with object oriented compiled language e.g. golang, C++, C#, Rust.
- Collaborative tools (git, gitlab CI,...) and methods (tests,changelogs,...)
- Principles of UI design and good UX
- Knowledge of golang and Qt' QML is advantage
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Startup culture where everyone matters and can make a big impact
- Work in an high growth environment solving interesting problems, there is never a boring moment
- Fast growth also means there are many opportunities for rapid advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects freedom-fighters, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default, and not merely an afterthought. Be part of this revolution that is changing the world.