New York headquarterd Cyber Security firm, Security Scorecard, opened their first office outside of the US in Prague in October.
The new office will grow to become Security Scorecard’s international technology centre.
SecurityScorecard helps enterprises gain operational command of their security posture and the security posture of their ecosystems through continuous, non-intrusive monitoring. The company’s approach to security focuses on identifying vulnerabilities from an outside-in perspective, the same way a hacker would.
SecurityScorecard’s proprietary SaaS platform offers an unmatched breadth and depth of critical data points including a broad range of risk categories such as Web, Application Security, Patching Cadence, Network Security, Hacker Chatter, Social Engineering, and Leaked Credentials, DNS Health, Endpoint Security, IP Reputation and Cubit Score.
The company has >150 employees and has raised >USD 60mm to fuel their expansion (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/security-scorecard).
SecurityScorecard’s global engineering team is expanding to include a new development office in Prague. We are targeting intellectually curious, principled and passionate systems software engineers who wants to be a key member of a world class data pipeline team. If elegant design, copy-by-value semantics and generic programming operating at scale appeal to you, then we should talk.
Our engineering team works on a greenfield data processing pipeline that leverages modular, composable, idiomatic C++1x and python to keep things simple and efficient. We haven't ruled out more functional solutions like Haskell yet, we are just missing someone like you to convince us.
SecurityScorecard’s engineering team collects and analyzes data on the evolving security posture/state of the Internet. The problems we tackle are global in scale and must be handled in an efficient and timely manner. Some of the key challenges in our environment are keeping solutions simple and composable so we can reason about them at scale. This is the hallmark of functional programming, high performance computing and large scale distributed systems design.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analysis, design and troubleshooting of our data distribution and processing architecture
- Key developer of Bluepipe our native processing pipeline
- Primary advocate for tool introduction and removal
- Key party in system selection and configuration
- Clear articulated communication (drawings / presentations / writeups) with engineering, operations and product management staff
- Mentorship of junior and mid-career engineers
Tool We Use
- Data definition, format and interfaces
- Definitions - Protobuf V3
- Normalize from - AVRO / JSON / XML / CSV
- Normalize to - Protobuf / ORC
- Interfaces - REST API(s), gRPC and object store buckets
- Databases - Postgres / Presto
- Languages - Python / C++14 / Scala / Go-lang
- Job Orchestration - HT Condor / Apache Airflow
- Analytics - Spark / Databricks / Bluepipe (native)
- Storage - Gluster / NFS / Object Stores
- Computation - Containers / VMs / Metal
Requirements for this role:
Informed Point of View
A successful candidate will have an informed point of view on analysis, design and troubleshooting of large scale distributed systems. This starts with developing a deep understanding of the problem. Desired qualities include:
- Preference for minimally simplistic and highly composable design
- Strategies to avoid cloud service provider lock-in
- Reasoned approach to black-box analysis and troubleshooting
- You will be part of a global team based in New York but with roots throughout the world
- You will be one of the key players working towards the same mission - to help companies defend against threats and cyberattacks
- You will be able to contribute to the next phase in our company's development and expansion in Europe
- Highly competitive compensation including generous stock option plan
SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate and understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors and use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, and vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
SecurityScorecard’s global engineering team is expanding to include a new development office in Prague. We are targeting an intellectually curious and principled engineering lead to develop our team in Prague, and make hands on contributions to software products, features and applications.
Our engineering team collects and analyzes data on the evolving security posture/state of the Internet. The problems we tackle are global in scale and must be handled swiftly and efficiently. Key challenges in our environment are keeping solutions simple and composable so we can reason about them at scale. This is the hallmark of functional programming, high performance computing and large scale distributed systems design.
Instagram (@securityscorecard): https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/862314059/securityscorecard/?hl=en
Our Linkedin Page: