As a Full-Stack developer joining our team, you will be in charge of building client facing application across entire stack (Java, NodeJS, React). We believe in small and autonomous teams that own their applications in production. We are looking for a smart motivated person that will advance our mission of delivering a better healthcare experience to our members (over 1M people).
A day in the Life…
- Design/develop/test features of client facing web applications and/or supporting services
- Participate in daily scrum (2 weeks sprints)
- Help your colleagues by submitting pull request reviews on github
A look outside the day to day:
- Improve our Accolade Cloud Platform
- Help with establishing Continous Deployment (multiple releases a day with feature flagging instead of scheduled release every 2 weeks)
- Celebrate successes with the team
Demonstrated education, skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Experience with building SPA applications (React, Redux, node)
- Experience with building Java backend systems (Java, Spring, JPA)
- Experience with microservices and cloud technologies (AWS, ELK, docker)
Values we admire:
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
o Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
o You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
o We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
o We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
o Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began…
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years.
We start every day inspired by the possibility of revolutionizing the healthcare industry. From highly personalized client support to developing sophisticated technologies that help deliver industry-leading results for our customers, we’re at the forefront of sweeping change and innovation. Every person — every role — contributes to advancing our mission of delivering a better healthcare experience. It’s this purpose-driven work that attracts smart, caring and passionate professionals to our team.