Are you experienced in QA and looking for a new challenge? Are you open-minded and excited game lover? Are you kind of stickler who finds all the possible bugs and mistakes?
If yes, you´re the right match we´re looking for :-)
The team is responsible for testing all software (desktop, web-based, and mobile) applications in the gaming suite. The objective of the Software QA is to verify that all software products are of high quality and have a minimum number of defects upon release.
Techona´s QA Engineer:
- Reviews requirements and design specifications for errors, assumptions, and accuracy, providing meaningful feedback to business analysts.
- Develops work estimates and testing strategies for assigned tasks.
- Creates and executes formal test plans and test cases.
- Performs ad hoc testing of functionality in our software.
- Tests assigned areas thoroughly and extensively so that a limited amount of supervisory checking is necessary and few defects are discovered by others.
- Finds and documents defects found during software testing in a manner that is: accurate, clearly stated, detailed, and timely.
- Validates that defects have been fixed prior to certification of the software.
- Performs regression testing on each released version of the software, prior to certification.
- Reviews the test plans of others (peer review) and make suggestions for improvement.
- Correctly prioritizes tasks so the effort is focused more heavily on areas that are likely to cause potential problems.
- Understands and follows the development cycle processes for the products.
We need you to be/have/know:
- 1+ years of quality assurance or testing experience
- Experience with defect tracking software
- Web Testing Knowledge
- Good to have knowledge in HTML5
- Basic Automation skills
- SQL background
- Demonstrated technical ability when working with complex component(s) or whole product/platform
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Strong English skills both in verbal and written communication
- 2-4 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Full-time employment in Prague, flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary up to your skills and performance.
- Nice working environment - new offices at the office park BB Centrum – Prague 4, with table football, PlayStation and fully stocked kitchen – snacks, fruits, vegetables, coffee, juices, etc.
- Bunch of benefits: meal vouchers, 12 sick days, MultisportCard, UNLIMITED paid vacation, private pension savings contribution.
- Personal and professional development ensured (training, courses..).
Sounds interesting? Get in touch with us and let's talk :-)
What does Techona do?
We develop great games, gaming platforms and mobile apps for the online gaming community around the world.
How was Techona created?
We started almost twenty years ago with the only Blackjack for Windows® and today we offer more than 300 games through various channels.
What do we think is most important for game development?
If we leave aside well-known facts such as technology choices, well-defined product, perfect market knowledge, current trends, process tuning, etc. - it is important to work with talented and enthusiastic people who share fervor for the same thing and like to play :) We are well aware that our Techonians, their knowledge, personality, experience and potential are the most valuable things we have. Computers will not think for us and will not bring any value. We stand by the fact that it is always necessary to look at the development process from different perspectives, not only from customer's point of view but also from the point of view of the developers themselves. That's why we do not have to compromise on quality.
What is our inspiration?
One of the greatest inspiration for us are our own Techonians. We are a very diverse team of people from almost every corner of the world. People of different cultures, different ages, with different life experiences meet in Techona. It is incredibly inspiring to see how new friendships arise here, how people care for one another, support each other and enrich each other. The friendly and relaxed atmosphere, active sharing of ideas in the team, direct and open communication... What more can we, as an employer, ask for?
What do we think is Techona's greatest success?
We will repeat ourselves, but that's just the way it is. We have managed to build a very strong team, connect experienced professionals with young talents who are ready to learn from them, gain the necessary experience and grow professionally.
What are our plans for the future?
We are currently planning to expand the team, increase production and introduce new products to the market. We are also focusing on production for the Asian market and we are going to offer customized game development to our clients as well.
What types of people are we looking for in our team?
Our success begins with people. That is why we employ the best people in the industry - talented people with comprehension and passion for the gaming industry. This blend of talent, passion, and experience drives the whole business, and the resulting innovation effort keeps us at the top of the industry. We are looking for people who are able to think creatively and bring new insights and thoughts.
Why should you want to work in Techona?
Above all, you should want to work with us - Míla, Domča, Eli, Juan, Rolando, and others. Why? Because we ensure that you will be excited about work every day. Because your opinions and ideas will have weight. Because you will work with professionals who do not forget that they are also humans. Because we will work with you not only on our products but also on your career. There are plenty of reasons. Just join us and experience Techona on your own skin :)
What does a work day in TECHONA look like?
We dare to say that every day in Techona is different. Check out our Instagram or Facebook and see for yourself. Life in Techona is not about attendance hours and half an hour lunch. We have a lot of work, of course. But rest is no less important, therefore we always find the time to talk to each other, celebrate birthdays, sit down over a beer on Friday, play Mortal Kombat, table football or meet over a poker game. And Marek, aka Chief Executive Friday Lunch Officer Morty, takes care of regular pizza delivery.
Any other tips / recommendations / messages?
Would you like to become part of Techona? Get in touch with us, show us that you know something, want to keep working on yourself and that you have an open mind. We will be very pleased to be your partner!