Techona's Infrastructure & Tools Engineer monitors and supports the company applications and configuration, troubleshoots and improves the performance of the applications and databases. Supports and monitors the customers and company information systems, servers, network and data.
This unique position is comprised of 3 primary related functions: Server Administration, Customers/Production Infrastructure Administration and Network Support.
- Hands-on experience in the IT field, including Server, Networks and Systems Administration
- Experience in Networking and Virtualization
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo or CircleCI, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile methodologies
- Experience with Atlassian products stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Knowledge of versioning systems (Git, TFS)
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle, msbuild, Maven
- Experience with relational databases (Postgresql, MS Sql Server), data modeling and SQL optimization
- Experience with Routers, Firewalls and switches.
- Experience in Windows Server 2012+ and Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- SQL Server experience a must
- Strong knowledge and working experience in network infrastructure and security (firewalls, routers, cabling, Windows servers, VPN, security policies).
- Expert in server installation, configuration, and monitoring.
- Active knowledge of English
Education and/or Experience:
- Systems Administration experience for Microsoft based server products
- VMware Certified Professional desired
- Microsoft Certified Professional desired
Major Responsibilities of Techona's Infrastructure & Tools Engineer:
- Responsible to setup and configure the Continuous Integration tools (TeamCity)
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the performance of the applications.
- Constant monitoring and troubleshooting of servers and networks.
- Responsible for the set-up, problem recognition, research, and configuration of the R&D application level.
- Perform patching and security on the servers.
- Identifies, researches and resolve complex technical problems.
- Performs software installs and upgrades, and document all upgrades or replacements of hardware and software systems on the servers.
- Perform preventive and/or corrective maintenance of in-warranty and out of warranty servers and network equipment.
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve our infrastructure, methodologies and operations.
- Implements policies, procedures and standards relating to information and telecommunication systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking the company’s server software licenses inventory, monitor subscription expiration dates and report about the renewal dates when required.
- Able to perform self-paced training.
- full-time in Prague, flexible working hours
- competitive salary up to your skills and performance
- nice working environment, new offices and awesome international team
- bunch of benefits: meal vouchers, sickdays, MultisportCard, Pension Savings etc.
- personal and professional development ensured (trainings, courses..)
Sounds interesting? Get in touch with us and let's speak :)
What do our team members say about being part of Techona?
"Working here has helped see my career from a new perpsective. This job has set me on the road to success by giving me the chance to fall in love with my work. I cannot express how grateful I am to Techona for this wonderful opportunity." Annapoorna, QA Engineer
"The working environment at Techona is super - people are nice and the work is interesting." Denis, SW Developer
"I love to be part of our friendly and vibrant team. Wide range of benefits and flexible working hours make my job pleasant and compatible with personal life." Dominika, Office Manager
"One of the best parts about working at Techona is that there are always free bananas in the kitchen :D" Petr, SW Developer
"I like the challenge of working for Techona - it gives me the opportunity to learn new things (both personally and professionally), to meet new people, and to explore new cultures and environments." Surekha, QA Engineer